Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday Inspiration Celebration: Italian memories



No words, just a lot of sighing these days ...


























































from Cowgirl's summer journal: "I was pushing the Tipping Tower."















(I know today is Tuesday; I started this photo essay before leaving with Cowgirl for Chinese Heritage Camp and go figure, the morning I had planned to finish uploading our wireless went out. So here I am with tales of camp to tell but dipping into my Italian reveries. It's quite a contrast; tales of dim sum, dumpling lunches and counselor crushes coming soon.)

7 comments:

  1. sigh, i can't wait to return to italy. love that first shot of cowgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these images. sweet summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*

    so bee-yooo-tee-full.

    i love the pic of you poring over your moleskine...

    perfect, perfect.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it Lisa.. you know I am going to ask..what type of art pens are you using as you create in your journal..

    skype soon... let me know

    xo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of this! Such fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the above picture, I am using caran d'ache watercolor pencils and a watercolor brush/pen (The Best tool I have/love) along with Sakura pigma micron pens which I love to use for zen doodling/mandalas. I also had a tin of prismacolor colored pencils which I "generously" shared with my daughter for her journal pages. I only recently learned to take my brush (which is wet) and brush it over the tip of the watercolor pencil to activate the pigment and then paint. I get nice control of the color using this technique and it is not messy, so great for traveling!

    ReplyDelete