Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Winter Wishes



The moon is full, the nights crisp, cold and the damp air hints of snow to come. Yesterday the advent calendar went up and every day Cowgirl and I pull a little fabric doll out of a pocket, read the country she is from and then locate her on the picture of the earth that is the center of the image. As a child, I loved advent calendars although the ones I had were glitter covered paper ones with little doors to open for each day. The neighbors had a hanging felt one with the pockets and it was probably one of the earliest things I am aware of actually coveting. So naturally, once Cowgirl came into our lives, I was able to fulfill this childhood desire. ♥




December is about tying up loose ends and contemplating new beginnings. My wish for this final month of the year is to share with family and friends the magic I have felt pulsing strongly through my being these past months. Blocks to creativity have been moved, attitudes shifted and a general sense of excitement, hopefulness and inspiration has overcome me. I am incredibly blessed and I wish to share with others this realization that blessings surround us always, we just need proper eyes and heart to recognize them. I am reminded of a favorite quote from The Little Prince "It is only with one's heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.
"




My wish is to continue to hear and then follow my heart, for this season and beyond.

14 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!
    Lovely picture, the hearts I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and magical!

    As my fellow Goddess Lis wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis, you have such a clear beautiful spirit, and it's a pleasure to get to know you better.

    As you wish so Lightly and brightly for yourself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for you, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me how much I loved advent calendars as a child. I'm going to go buy one today!

    As Lis wishes for herself, so I fragrantly wish for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...another warm fuzzy one! :)

    As Lis wishes for her self, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. as lis wishes for herself, so i wish for her also :)

    ps. i LOVE the tradition of advent calendars,
    i should reinvest in one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Lis wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Lis wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    Wonderful!!!!Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Lis wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Lis wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well. May your heart see far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Lis wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May it be so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Lis wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I love your advent calendar, it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Lis wishes for herself, so I warmly wish for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your quote from the Little Prince, yet something else we have in common :)I am so glad for you, that your magic is sparkling. The Christmas season is a wonderful thing, if we allow it to be so xxx

    ReplyDelete