Friday, October 18, 2013

believers ...

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. (Henry David Thoreau)

We went to the woods to gather some acorns.  It has been a long day indoors with much studying ...
 




"Brain bender" takes on a whole, new meaning after working a word search ... in Chinese!






Remembering how lovely a time we had in the nearby woods last week, I decided we should make a mini excursion back to our favorite, quiet spot.  As we pulled into the entrance we were immediately greeted by a welcoming committee ...






Not just two ...




turkeys doing their version of Abbey Road



not just three ...
 






but a dozen wild turkeys crossing the road!

Harbingers of much abundance (dare I believe a month for each turkey?  A whole year of blessings ahead?) With perhaps only a little ruffling of feathers involved?






Then Cowgirl spied her friend ...







Each trip to the park, she sees a doe (or two) so she claims deer as one of her totems (but turkey is another as he always appears when we are together.)  

Feeling pretty satiated with blessings and good luck, we were ready to grab some acorns and head on home.  But wait ... there's more?!






Oh yes ... if ever we had doubts (and we are mother and grandmother to a 2 month old dragon named Blaze Thunderbolt, so our faith was fairly certain) we are firm believers now! 







Yes, as The Man might point out, while I don't require it,  I do like my statues to move and talk.  







Just little signs of the mystery, always welcome and reassuring, you know? 

"When you begin to sense that your imagination is the place where you are most divine, you feel called to clean out of your mind all the worn and shabby furniture of thought. You wish to refurbish yourself with the living imagination so that you can begin to see, so that your thoughts can become what Meister Eckhart calls "our inner senses." (John O'Donohue, Awakening the Mind, Awakening the Soul)

4 comments:

  1. How amazing! A dragon door in the woods! Magic is afoot indeed AND a year of abundant pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart is full reading this and the pictures make me feel something that I have to call delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just soooo sweet, I'm inspired. Love it.
    Gxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, what treasures! i simply loved reading this post - it filled me with such joy. it has been a week for visitors as i have saved and returned two small frogs from my classroom twice this week. i must read about frog and her message. bright moon blessings to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete