Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Inspiration Celebration - Help me Dream Big (please vote!)




Okay, so there is mania and then there is true mania! As if the holiday season isn't jam packed as it is, I decided to create a video for the Ford Focus Global Drive being run on Facebook. (Yes, I know ... the irony of having to return to Facebook after my recent rants does not escape my attention.) The campaign is to show what I would do with $10,000 for a charity of my choice and why I want to be selected to test drive the new Ford Focus - get this - in Spain!

So casting aside all thoughts of sanity, dismissing rational theories about the nature of time (yeah, I am seriously trying to bend time to my will over here) I decided to make a video over the weekend. Totally doable, right? Add to that I was hosting a holiday party and needed to finish 6 sewing projects (I finished 4) and get stuff mailed (gifts, not the holiday cards I shot and processed in 2 days), I was being totally sane, right?

Did I mention the deadline for video submission and voting is December 31? No stress here.

Okay, it was doable but here is the part where I need all the help I can get: I need to generate votes on the Ford Focus Facebook page. While I have no idea about my chances of actually winning, my hope is to use this project as a sign of my sincerity to my charity, Half the Sky Foundation. You may recall, last summer Cowgirl and I participated in an Art A-Thon for Half the Sky and we raised $900 through our collaborative paintings. The mission of Half the Sky Foundation is to provide individual care and stimulation for the children living in Chinese welfare centers. Their stated goal is "to ensure every one of China's orphans has a caring adult in her life." To date, their programs have impacted the lives of 40,000 children.

I now have a new idea for a project with Half the Sky involving older children and photography and they are interested in my idea. But this program will require money to be raised. So I have to figure out this whole fund raising/grant writing process and success with the Ford Global Challenge would only enhance my credibility.

So here's where I need you my dear friends. If you are on Facebook, here is the link to my video on their campaign page: Nurturing Dreams. You will need to "like" the Ford Focus page first and then you can see my video and vote. Please remember to vote "Love It" and then, if possible, spread the word to your Facebook or blogging buddies. The more, the merrier. Feel free to link to this post or the Facebook page.





And leave me a comment here or on the video page because I could use a little nurturing love myself to get me through the rest of my projects!

14 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It makes me ALMOST want to sign up for Facebook just to vote and support you:) Instead, I will be sure to put something up on my blog about it so my friends and family members who are on Facebook can be sure to vote. You go, Lis! Very inspiring!

    And my own inspiration celebration for today is here. Clearly you were much more energetic this weekend than I was:)

    http://enjoyandlove.blogspot.com/2010/12/mondays-inspiration-celebration_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've said before, you have amazing energy! Your project sounds wonderful -- I will find the FB page and vote. Hope you're doing some restorative yoga. You know, it's okay if you don't get it all done. Peaceful holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted!! Lis you did a FANTASTIC job.. you are truly inspiring and amazing..
    Breathe and release my friend ..

    xo,
    KAren

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done you for all you do! How very inspiring. I am totally up for fundraising and grant-finding for great causes like these.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I wanted to email you, but can't find an email address for you anywhere!

    If you have a mo, please email me at: ameliacritchlow@hotmail.com

    good luck and Merry Christmas!

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you are a mere mortal? And I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew. I am on Facebook but rarely "there" but I'll go and have a look. Test drive a car in Spain you say? Can I ride shot-gun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your video. I liked the Ford Focus Page and then viewed and voted for your video. You did an excellent job. I also did a post about it with a link to this blog post on my Facebook page. Hope your video wins. It's a wonderful thing that you're doing.

    I saw your comment you left on Shona's blog about making the tote bags. That's wonderful. I'm sure your sewing is wonderful. Would love to see them sometime.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for you AND put it on my facebook page, too. I have way too many facebook friends so I am hoping it helps you get some votes votes votes. And wow, totally impressed with your sewing. I never even finished the Artistic Mother sewing projects though I have made some costumes recently!

    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes!! so cool- i'll head over and check it out and spread the word! best of luck--

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lis,
    I voted for you and put it on my Facebook page. (Please feel free to visit my page if you want to.) Good luck! Your video is absoloutely wonderful!
    Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and successful New Year. I hope you've got everything finished in time... :D
    Love, Janice. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lis, I wish you SO much luck with this project!! I saw your video and want nothing but all things amazing for these children!! You are an inspiration!!
    love, light, hugs and smiles~ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sent here via a link from FB / Dirty Footprints. Your video was beautiful and I was more than happy to vote for it. I wish you all the best xx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll hijack the hubby's account and get in there and vote! You were so great to support to my project and I'd love to do the same.

    Hope you are having a wonderful holiday with your family - and that your dog doesn't eat a pound of peanut butter fudge like mine did. ;)

    Big Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. just voted.....i am a bit behind these days.....What a lovely video and an amazing cause........

    xoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete